August 24, 2008

Spaghetti SunDay

I've been wanting to learn to cook spaghetti for quite sometime now, and today I have the time and the mood is right...let's start cookin'!! =) I don't really have the idea of what are the ingredients to prepare spaghetti...all I have on my mind is spaghetti, cheese, tomato paste, cheese, cheese, meat, cheese....that's all. So i went online (heeeee...) and check out the main ingredients needed. Lahh...byknya needed! Besides what I mentioned, you need Italian seasoning....garlic...big onion...chicken broth...beef...and i forgot the rest. I didn't know that!!! I didn't get all tho, just the main thingie - spaghetti (I almost forgot to grab this one =p), chicken fillet (don't ask why i didn't get beef), sausage (saja =p), tomato paste, Italian seasoning (must get this!!), big onion, and Parmesan cheese (I MUST HAVE THIS!!!). I got all these in small portion cos it's only me and Greg eating..but the cost came up to rm31++..tsk! The cheese and seasoning lah yang mahal.... ohya! I bought campbell mushroom soup too! Yum! to make the dish a complete set konon..hehe! So all ingredients in hand, keeping my fingers crossed, hoping my spaghetti will turn out to be edible =p I urus the spaghetti, and Greg prepares the tomato puree. Supposedly I want to do this all alone..tapi entah this Greg tetiba want to join helping me cook pula...guess he takut i mess up kot.. Anyway, it amazes me how a few sprinkle of Italian seasoning brings out the 'umph' taste of the tomato paste. After about 40min, all is done...tummies drumming away, and I can't wait to taste our first home cooked spaghetti! Here's how it looked like...

Of course lah it doesn't look like the one served at Secret Recipe...but I have to admit Greg and I did a pretty good job. It DOES taste like how it is supposed to =) I bet ours taste better than the one prepared in Kan Cheong Kitchen =p.Plus the mushroom soup...our meal was very yummy! And so we makan and makan until we're stuffed!!!! Haaaaa~~~

4 comments:

Joan said...

if you diced the sausages pun ok ba dat...little pieces taste better or you can use corned beef..:)

oo..lapar pula sa sekarang

Ah Ter Lei said...

kau suruh c jer test tu spaghetti then kalau dia bilang sesedap yg saya masak, kira pass la tu miahahaha

Dee MeLody said...

yakan!!! why didnt i think of corned beef ah?? uiseh, ko expert makanan lah ni kan arter?? sia praktis dlu byk2, ni baru 1st time sia masak bah..hehehe =)

eNatasha said...

nyumm.. i want.. make one for me pretty please, thank u :p

babe, i rindu u. punya main lama nda hang out and chit chat til drop to d floor kan ;(